Atradius is committed to ensuring that persons appointed to senior management roles are fit and proper to hold office.
Who is an Atradius Senior Manager?
A senior manager undertakes or is involved in any of the following activities to the extent that they materially affect Atradius' business or financial standing:
- Participation in strategic decision-making
- Implementation of strategies and policies approved by the Management Board
- Development and implementation of processes or systems that identify, assess, manage or monitor risks in relation to Atradius' business
Our APRA approved auditors and approved actuaries are also subject to the Fit and Proper Policy.
Fitness and Propriety Criteria
Our senior managers must meet this criteria in its entirety to be deemed fit and proper.
- Possess appropriate experience, educational or professional qualifications
- Display a high degree of competency in current and previous roles
- Demonstrate at all times good integrity, honesty and sound ethical character and has not been reprimanded, disqualified or removed by a professional or regulatory body in relation to questions of honesty, integrity or business conduct
- Understand and reinforce a strict compliance, risk awareness and governance environment
- Has not been involved in the management of a company that has failed as a result of deficiencies in the management of that company
- Has not been the subject of civil or criminal proceedings in relation to the management of a company
- Has not been the subject of a serious criminal conviction
Fit and Proper Statement
Atradius' senior managers have been assessed against our fitness and propriety criteria and have been deemed to be fit and proper to hold office.
The ongoing assurance of fitness and propriety of our senior managers will be re-assessed annually or more frequently should we become aware of any issue which may adversely impact upon the fit and proper assessment of our senior managers.
This Statement and our Fit and Proper Policy are compliant with the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority's (APRA's) Prudential Standard GPS 520.
You should notify us – or APRA directly – of any information, issue, event or concern which you believe either adversely affects the fitness and proprietary of our senior managers or which conflicts with the fitness and propriety criteria outlined in this overview. Your information will be treated in the strictest confidence.